With the arrival of the summer comes a host of events and the team at Yumi HQ team have searched high and low to find you the most exciting things happening this month. Get them in the diary now!
1. Go see Man Of Steel. The latest Superman movie launches into cinemas this weekend after what feels like an endless wait. We are so excited, which in no small part is due to Henry Cavill’s super-suit!
2. Visit a festival that isn’t in a field. If you haven’t got hot tickets to the biggest music festivals this summer don’t despair, there are still plenty of great events on over the UK. The Scoop at More London – an al fresco ampitheatre – hosts a month of free music whilst Spitalfields Summer music festival runs from the 7th – 22nd June. Founded in 1962, the City of London Festival is a summer programme of music, visual arts, film, walks and talks, whilst St Albans’ Pioneer Skate Park hosts Girl Skate Jam this month.
3. Party at the zoo. If you’re a party animal head to London Zoo for its after-hours entertainment which is laid on every Friday night in June and July.
4. Check out an outdoor Cinema. From Film 4’s series at Somerset House to Hoxton’s notorious Rooftop Film Club there are plenty of options to keep you entertained this summer. We’ll be heading to the screens at Kew Gardens and the Queen of Hoxton for some 80’s classics!
5. Visit Beach in The East. Yasmin Sewell has teamed up with style sales agency Papier Mache Tiger to launch a very cool pop-up shop in Shoreditch. Set in a disused swimming pool, and selling everything summery from shoes to sunnies we’re dying to visit before it closes in August.
6. Go see Bowie before it’s too late. The V&A has been given unprecedented access to the David Bowie Archive to curate the first international retrospective. David Bowie is features more than 300 objects, including handwritten lyrics, original costumes and Bowie’s own instruments.
7. Show your support at Wimbledon. The tennis champs will sweat it out from the 24th June. If you haven’t got a court side seat you can still cheer along whilst polishing of strawberries and ice-cream.