As Prom season is fast approaching we’re taking this Teabreak Tuesday as an opportnuity to reminisce on our favourite movie prom scenes ever! From THAT moment in Carrie to the choreographed dance moves in Footloose and Greese, to tear-jerkers like Never Been Kissed and the sheer joy of Romy & Michele’s High School Reunion – OK so it’s not their prom but we couldn’t resist! Here’s our top 10 moments, followed by some Prom inspiration from our current spring / summer collection.
1. Carrie. It was all going so well and then..you know what comes next! Ps. Watch out for the new version starring Chloe Moretz which will be released this November.
2. 10 Things I Hate About You. Heath Ledger at his finest.
3. American Pie. This is painfully funny to watch, if just for Jim’s suit.
4. Greese. Possibly the most famous prom scene ever as the classmates of Rydell High take part in a dance off.
5. Footloose. Kevin Bacon’s dancing – enough said!
6. Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion. The ‘Prom Night’ with possibly the best soundtrack ever!
7. Pretty In Pink. Andy’s DIY dress is the best part of this Prom scene.
8. Back To The Future. A classic which will never get old!
9. Never Been Kissed. This movie never fails to get a tear out of us!
10. Mean Girls. With the prom queen sporting a mathlete jacket this is one of the most unconventional prom scenes ever.