That Friday smell doesn’t get any sweeter… unless you’ve got crazy good plans like us!
Now that the world’s over Blue Monday, we can all celebrate Fab Friday… why may you ask we call this Fab Friday? Because what’s Fab-er then Friday ey?… thats what I thought.
Regardless of a snazzy Friday name or not, Friday’s Friday and that can only mean one thing, our weekend plans are ready to be put into action… But don’t worry if you have yet to plan your adventures, because we’re here to help.
Boring of the same old bars, clubs, restaurants … well take a lucky pick from our top 5 weekend destinations to make your weekend the best it’s been so far!
1. Roof top bars are not just for summer, no! Queen of Hoxtons proves this with their winter decked out candle lit rooftop bar ‘WIGWAMBAM’ in Shoreditch. With an oversized barbecue grill serving up yummy delights. Scattered with fairy lights, this is at best a beautiful set for any evening of the week! Grab a stick of Marshmallows for only £1 and roast these over the small outside bomb-fires scattered around the roof top!…Amazing, I know.
Thirsty? Wigwambam doesn’t just serve up the standard bottle of beers and house wine, nope. Its yummy mulled drink selection is one to try… Go for the Buttered hot Rum punch, Mmm you cant go wrong.
2. Getting a bit bored of Saturday night television? Well take a step this way and try Pillow Cinema, yes it’s basically everything it says on the tin, Pillow + Cinema = a new kinda night out, in. Pillow Cinema hosts its movies within the surroundings of the former Shoreditch Underground station. Movies include, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Her, Fight Club, and Frozen. Your get to lounge on super comfy fatboy beanbags, perfect for cuddling! Bring your own pillow for your head to ensure the height of comfort, and remember folks “No Pillow, No Entry” policy.
3. Catching up with a friend this Saturday morning? Going for Brunch? Well we know a perfect little place..
Dean street Townhouse, found in Soho this is the perfect little spot. Avocado on toast with green tea (if your still sticking strong with your new years resolutions) or a full english, whatever type of brunch you fancy, Townhouse delivers.
4. Getting a bit tired of the same old clubs, the same old night outs? Ever wished you could be in a maze like venue dancing to house, garage, chart, drum & base… Yes? Ever thought about adding a Ball pool? Bouncy castle and air-hoppers to this wish of yours?… Well if you did, I grant that wish, and give you Regression sessions.
5. Maltby Street – Rope walk Food market hides its charm within the railway arches of south east London, a short walk from Bermondsey station. It might be a small market but it has a lot of damn right yummy food, including the award winning salted caramel brownie, (yum). It’s small and out of the way, which is a great thing for our fragile State of minds on a Sunday Morning!
6. Into your Live music? or looking for a fun event to help save those pennies this Sunday? Boxpark are showcasing a free afternoon of the best new muscial talent around!