It’s pancake day and here at Yumi HQ, we can’t wait to tuck into a few at lunchtime.
We’ve put together a list of five things you didn’t know about pancakes to impress your friends with and tantalise those tastebuds to boot.
Like we need another excuse to eat those light, fluffy cakes…they’re flippin’ lovely…(sorry)
1. Pancakes were made originally as a way of using up all the leftover rich foods before Lent begins on Ash Wednesday – we owe whoever thought this up a huge favour.
2. The most flips anyone has ever completed with a pancake is 349 in 2 mins – that’s some impressive flip work right there.
3. The largest stack of pancakes was made up of 60 massive pancakes and measured an impressive 76cm tall, breaking the Guinness World Records in 2012. Oh come on, we’re drooling here.
4. The largest pancake ever flipped measured 15 metres in diameter. Try to get your mouth round that. We would give it a go…
5. The most watched pancake related Youtube video is of cartoon character Pingu making pancakes. It’s been watched over 10 million times and counting (we’re addicts). Here it is in all its cute glory.
Are you brave enough to flip? Tweet us what you’re up to this Pancake Tuesday @official_yumi